【TimHiking】The Tutorial of using offline web-based Hiking Map
1. First, beside the route name, click "Map" to display the map in full screen.
2. Or drag to the bottom of route, click "Full Screen", the map will pop up.
3. Follow and make sure that the "Location" of the mobile has turned on, and then click "Enable GPS Positioning" in the lower right corner.
4. Click "Allow" again to authorize timhiking.com to use your device's GPS location.
5. Then, your GPS location will be displayed on the map, the "meter" in the lower right corner shows its accurate range, the more accurate the purple circle is smaller
6. If it does not work properly, please check the phone settings.
1) Settings> GPS Location (Open)
2) Chrome Settings> Site Settings> Location (allow https://timhiking.com)
1) Privacy > Location Services (ON)
2) Privacy> Location Services> Safari Websites> Allow Location Access (While Using the App)
7. Press the upper right corner to select different Maps, including Ordinary Map, Terrain Map and Satellite Map.
8. The above display is the Terrain Map with elevation levels.
9. Each point on the map contains photo and description. Click the Photo to skip to next one.
10. In the upper right corner, you can choose "Turn Off all Photos" to increase the map view. In the altitude chart, you can click to display its location and altitude.
11. Click "Download" in the upper right corner to download offline maps.
12. The system will estimate the amount of traffic, click "Confirm" to download immediately.
13. When downloading, the "Download" icon will turn blue and the download progress will be displayed.
14. After downloading , the map can continue to operate normally without the network, including zooming in, zooming out, dragging the map, and even the photos in the map can be browsed, and real-time positioning can be performed.
15. Finally, you can press the LOGO in the upper left corner or the hand button in the lower right corner to close the full screen.
16. When the full-screen map is displayed, the side position cannot be displayed? The button is missing?
17. It can be solved by setting "Desktop Website" in the browser.
＊ The map system is developed by TimHiking, so there is no need to download or install it.
＊ Support PC, Android, iOS, etc.
* GPS will have different errors due to terrain and weather. If it deviates greatly from the route, it means that you have taken the wrong path and should be corrected or turned back as soon as possible.
＊ Before using GPS, please make sure that the compass and GPS on the phone are operating normally.
＊ To avoid excessive data traffic, downloading offline maps does not support zooming in the bottom layer.
＊ Offline maps are stored as cache files, which are only temporary files, not permanently archived to the phone.
＊ The browser will automatically delete cached offline maps according to its own settings. Therefore, it is recommended to download it before hiking and use it immediately.
＊ After downloading the offline map, you can put your phone into airplane mode, and then drag, zoom in, or zoom out the map to test offline. Users can view the photos in the map at the same time, and even positioning is no problem.
＊ After ensuring that the map works normally offline, you can leave the airplane mode, as long as you don't close the browser and don't reload the webpage.
＊All routes are made on the spot, not drawn out by drawing, you can rest assured to follow along.
You will make clear to me the way of life; where you are joy is complete; in your right hand there are pleasures for ever and ever.Psalms 16:11 BBE